The Google Drive icon on your desktop or in Finder is not available, or you receive an error message when trying to access the drive or shared drive files.
- Open Finder and click the Applications folder on the left.
- Find and open the Google Drive app.
- At the top right corner of the screen next to the clock, find the Google Drive icon.
- Click the Google Drive icon and then click Sign In if you are not already signed in.
- Sign in with your college email address and password.
- In Finder, try accessing Google Drive again by selecting Google Drive under Locations on the left side of the window.
Google Drive (the app that syncs Google Drive with your computer) is not installed, not running, or isn't signed in.