Your campus phone's display shows the message "Locked" and phone calls cannot be placed.
Hotdesk (log in to) the phone with your extension.
- Press the Hotdesk soft key.
- Soft keys are keys just below the phone's main display. The label on the screen above the key indicates its' function.
- Press the Login soft key.
- Enter your extension number and then press #.
- Enter your PIN and then press #.
Except for some 'common area' phones, all campus desk phones must be logged into with a specific extension before calls can be made (with the exception of calls to 911). The "Locked" message means that no extension is currently logged in, and no other number is configured for the phone.