When trying to upload files using the Google Drive app, you can upload some files but are informed that there is a limit to the size or amount of files you can upload, or you are presented with an error message about not having enough storage space.
- Free up an amount of disk space equal to the size of the files you wish to upload.
- Clear your web browser cache.
- Upload the files using your web browser instead of the Google Drive desktop app.
- Use Backup & Sync instead of Google Drive to back up your files.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the Google Drive app.
The Google Drive app syncs local files with your Google Drive. When you move a file to the Google Drive folder on your computer, the file stays on your disk but a copy is uploaded to your Drive. If you do not have enough free space to accomodate a copy of the file(s) you are uploading, you will be unable to upload the file(s).
All Beloit College users have unlimited storage space in Google Drive, but are limited to uploading a maximum of 750GB per day.