Your Dell workstation is unstable, has problems with devices connected to an external dock, displays error messages, crashes (blue screen of death), has power issues, or has networking issues.
Run Dell Command Update to ensure your computer has the latest hardware drivers.
- Save any open work and close all apps that are running.
- Click the Start button and start typing "Dell Command Update". The "Dell Command Update" app should be the top search result - click on it to run it.
- Click Yes if prompted to allow the app to make changes to the computer. Agree to automatic updates if prompted.
- At the welcome screen click Check to check for updates.
- Once the search has been completed, check the box next to Critical Updates and Recommended Updates.
- Click Install and wait for the updates to install.
- Your computer may restart during this process.
- Repeat steps 1-6 until no updates remain.
Windows system or application software updates can sometimes cause instability or compatibility issues with the hardware in your computer, or with connected devices such as a docking station. Manufacturers release periodic updates to resolve these issues which must sometimes be initiated manually.