Connect an Android device (phone, tablet, etc.), that uses Android version 11 or later or can't connect using these instructions, to the BCNet wireless network.
If your Android device is connected to the BCGuest wireless network, first forget the BCGuest network.
- On your phone, download the certificate file, "bcnetrootAAA.cer" from https://itweb.beloit.edu/wificert
- You should be prompted to install the certificate when downloading it. Please save it as a Wifi cert.
- Change the name of the file when saving it so that it's recognizable (ie. "BCwifi", etc.)
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap Network & Internet and then Wi-Fi.
- If you are already connected to BCNet, disconnect and forget the network.
- Tap BCNet to join the network.
- Set the following settings when prompted:
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
- CA certificate: Choose the cert you downloaded and named earlier
- Identity: <Your Beloit College Username>
- Password: <Your Beloit College Password>
- Domain (if required): beloit.edu
- Tap Save and you're done!